What is everyone feeding their LPS?

mr.lordacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious to see what everyone is feeding their LPS corals and which foods they’ve seen have the strongest feeding response?

My tank is predominantly lps (acans, trumpet, bubble, favia, Goni, cyphastrea [?]) and various zoas, mushroom, and a plate coral.

I’ve had the strongest responses with Reef Roids. Some respond to Fauna Marin LPS pellets. However I’ve been trying to limit these due to phosphate leech from dry rock (an ongoing struggle).

I recently tried moving to Reef Nutrition Roti Feast (direct feed) and I’ve seen close to no response from any LPS outside of my bubble coral and a slight response from the favia. Has anyone experienced this with LPS? Are there any other feeding recommendations?

I also dose 2mL of AB+ daily outside of my 1-2x/week feedings

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great question, currently I have 2 LPS colonies and 2 softie colonies, though I have alot more LPS on the way, right now I get a great feeding response from my Duncan with Hikari jumbo mysis spotfeedig, one piece per head, and i indirectly feed Hikari coral gumbo to the whole tank. I also recently added algaebarn galaxypods and live phyto in prep for the large LPS shipment.

OP
OP
mr.lordacan

mr.lordacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do spot feed mysis once in a while when I’ve thawed a little too many. They’re always happy with that!

Thumbster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My acan (micromussa) and Yuma likes mysis. My favia like Reef roids.

I try to feed reefroids to my hammer, octospawn, zoa’s and torch but I can’t tell if they’re eating or not.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scolys are fed Nyos LPS pellets 1-2x weekly depending on how they look. Nyos phytoplankton 1x weekly. LRF nano fed to mandarins daily, tank gets what’s floating in water. Scolys, Gonis, sea rod.

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mysis brine benepets ROE and pe pellets....change it up also have a coral mix frozen i mix into all of it sometimes too as well as brightwell coral amino in smaller minor doses

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 132 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back