What is going on with this frag and should I frag off or leave it be?

mdbronco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - I took this photo with the lights off because when the lights are on and the coral is colored up, you can't see the darker patch in the middle. It seems like it's almost an inside-out type rot, but thought I would post and see what others think.

When the lights are on you can't see any difference in color. This piece has always been a bit of an experiment as it did have a small hole around the same area when I got it given to me but until the last few days, hasn't really seemed to do much of anything (good or bad).

IMG_3817.jpeg

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it was dying, then its in recovery mode as you can see some white rim that appears to be growing, to me at least.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its bleaching in certain areas.. Maybe something is bothering it. I would not do anything just keep parameters stable and let it heal on its own. Too often our inability to analyze correctly and making poor adjustments causes more harm.
I've seen corals bleach and recover many time.. STN/RTN is a death sentence so if that happens frag away

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back