What is growing on my clam

bjledbetter

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2012
Messages
576
Reaction score
7
Location
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a new clam growing on my old one or what is this? Its been there for a while but I just noticed today that it is opening and closing.
100_3670.jpg

100_3671.jpg

100_3672.jpg

100_3673.jpg
 
Looks like a little filter feeder clam. They come on live rock often. There are really small ones and some bigger ones are called Turkey Wings.
 
That's about the best pics I can get. It was on the clam when I got him about two years ago as a little spot and has kept growing. It. Don't seam to be bothering the other big clam so I'm just gonna leave it alone
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new