What is happening to my chalice?

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I’ve been having some issues with multiple types of LPS receding, dying, and experiencing polyp bailout. Namely euphyllia, acans, favias, and one other chalice. My Trachy, blastos, and one colony of acans have done fine.

In the attached pic, this chalice has two heads, but it looks like a mouth expelling it’s guts...but around the edge on the tissue. Can someone help ID what is going on and how to fix it?

0095A51B-DA5A-4A99-B5DB-F6460E69669F.png

Mr. Brooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible any other corals are stinging it? Sometimes during coral warfare, they’ll expel their guts as a way to “eat” their neighbors. Provide details of your system and water parameters to help narrow the problem down. And post some additional photos, at different distances and well lit. It’s hard for me to see what you’re describing.

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When ever a chalice is involved ,, my first thoughts are to ,,, move it to a shadier spot ,,, feed it something like reef roids ,, test you water ,, calcium ,, alk. ,, mag. ,, nitrates and phosphates ,,

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back