What is it

  • Thread starter Thread starter willist0
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

willist0

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 28, 2015
Messages
82
Reaction score
8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set my tank up Friday, after the water cleared I noticed this white thing, it's about 1" long .Since Friday it's moved about 1/2" Anyone know what it is. Also, my ammonia level is about 1.5 so I 'm wondering if the ammonia will kill it in case it's something I don't want in my tank.

20151011_135649.jpg
 
Not sure what the white thing is but watch that ammonia. It looks like you have a lot of delicate life on that rock
 
Not sure what the white thing is but watch that ammonia. It looks like you have a lot of delicate life on that rock
That's aquacultured rock from Salty Bottom Reef Co. I highly recommend them. They told me to do weekly water changes of 5 or 10% weekly until the tank is cycled.
 
It looks like some sort of Sea Cucumber possibly. Some can be bad but I think most we find are ok as long as they are not the giant ones. I think the worry about them being bad is some of them if they die can emit toxins. If it's not a pico tank and it's under a couple inches though I heard it shouldn't be a big deal. I have a couple (not white ones though) and they are great for eating stuff in the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new