What is killing all my SPS?

Gqch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This types of Dino happens to you looks similar types of Dino happened to me on 2022, in a short month it killed all my high-end acropora colonies but didn’t affect any of lps and softys! Referred to online reefers posting, Dino infection in my tank really doesn’t looks as nasty as these reefers tank, I think they kill sps only as the reefer mentioned upon that sps corals has less protection on defense themselves…currently po4 0.08, no3 25. Phosphate n nitrate was both zero when Dino happened to me on 2022. Hopes my experience can give you some ideas and happy reefing!

OP
OP
GP0801

GP0801

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I had no idea about Nitrates or Phosphates at the time but now I make sure they never bottom out and haven't had any dinos. Still haven't tried any SPS since then, that was a while ago but maybe I will in the near future.

Gqch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks I had no idea about Nitrates or Phosphates at the time but now I make sure they never bottom out and haven't had any dinos. Still haven't tried any SPS since then, that was a while ago but maybe I will in the near future.
Try cheaper sps frags, just in case if Dino came back, they’re just as evil devils! Really

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back