What is most durable DC pump with power back up?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Koigula
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Koigula

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
450
Reaction score
310
Location
Charlotte. NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at several models and see many have mixed reviews after 1 year of use. One of the bigger names froze after 11 months of use and I never retried.

I have 4 MP40s on a 24v back up system and they work great during power outage. I wanted to extend the back up to include DC pumps but read that sometimes do not restart and often die early whereas Sicce and Danner AC pump last 5 to 10 years. It seems they can be a big risk for most basic core component.

Any positive experiences with durability and stability would be highly appreciated.
 
I run my return and wavemakers thru a big computer battery backup. I test it every 6 months and it runs the pumps for about 6 hours. That's long enough for me to get the generator out, hooked up to the house and running.
 
I have 3 MP40s to a 24 deep cycle marine battery by the internal relay in drivers. It is more amp hours than practical but works well.

I like suggestion and may do that for an AC Sicce pump. Pump is very reliable, but most DC models have very mixed reviews, so this might be best solution for me!

Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new