What is my Nem doing?

Slodoc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this rainbow Nem a couple days ago and it has been doing great, very healthy, big, eats and hosted my clown almost immediately. Couple hours ago he was wide open and now he has completely receded into the rock. Should I be worried?
IMG_9474.JPG
IMG_9463.JPG

OP
OP
Slodoc07

Slodoc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They like to be nicely wedged between rocks like that, I'd imagine it will stay there now.

A.

He was doing fine in that spot a couple hours ago, very large and open. Now he’s completely recessed. Should I be worried?

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it’s normal behavior, so long as he’s got good color and he’s still attaching no worries , feed once a week or so and he will settle in ... or go walk about .. till he finds the right spot .. if he keeps hiding adjust your flow a little less in that area for him ..

OP
OP
Slodoc07

Slodoc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank man. You put my mind at ease for the most part. I was just extremely shocked to see him completely out and hosting my clown at 1230, went back to bed (I work nights) and woke up at 230 and he was like that. Scared the **** out of me lol.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back