What is my zoa doing....?

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is new. This zoa has been growing like a weed, breaking off and spreading everywhere as well (I really need to get in there and cut it back).

Anyway, this is new. It looks like it's maybe growing up and on itself here? Unfortunately since my clowns have made the colony their nest, it's incredibly difficult to catch it polyps closed to see whats really going on in there.

I honestly don't even think that part is on a rock, I'm fairly certain that's the original frag chunk which was on a 1.5 inch disc.

IMG_20200227_090601.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my clowns always hosted my zoas hahah! and if the sand is packed enough theyll happily take that over as well :p

I've noticed... this thing is insane. I didn't feel like it was really growing *that* much until I pulled a photo from Jan 2019 when I moved it over from the original tank. Then I dug a little further to May '18 when I bought it and good lord this thing has really blown up. Good thing it's pretty. There's a cluster of fairy dust I purchased on a tiny frag in July '19 that's more than quadrupled since I purchased it and seems to be on course for keeping up with the Armor of God (it's behind it in this photo so kinda hard to see). A spiderman put in at the same time has minimal growth in comparison. I'm wondering if the clowns hosting in the area of the AoG and Fairy Dust is contributing to their insane growth? Or just coincidence? The Spidermans aren't too far away but the clowns aren't all up in their business.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back