what is NSA????

Joem820

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen the term used in quite a few places over this thread, and while I have a general idea, could someone give me a more technical, working, definition of what a negative space aquascape is, and what the seeming advantages are of them?

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s referring to the negative space which basically means empty. It’s a minimalist aquascape which looks modern for those people who don’t like the big wall of rocks.

Some benefits are: reduced dead spots, better water flow through corals, looks cleaner, can see livestock better.

Some benefits of regular aquascapes: more surface area=better beneficial bacteria population, more hiding space for fish for stress reduction, better copepod population.

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the recent aquascape I built myself. It took less than a week to build this for my 300 gallon. So worth it. I get a lot of complements when people see it.

9A9B3066-AB0B-4F21-B1C7-72B5273F71B6.jpeg

OP
OP
Joem820

Joem820

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s referring to the negative space which basically means empty. It’s a minimalist aquascape which looks modern for those people who don’t like the big wall of rocks.

Some benefits are: reduced dead spots, better water flow through corals, looks cleaner, can see livestock better.

Some benefits of regular aquascapes: more surface area=better beneficial bacteria population, more hiding space for fish for stress reduction, better copepod population.
So, would it be fair to say the negative space aspect is simply referencing the open area not filled in with rocks?

OP
OP
Joem820

Joem820

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thanks for the explanation. I had been browsing the forums and seen a couple threads discussing them and realized I really didn't understand what they were talking about.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back