What is on my birdsnest?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Llg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Llg

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2020
Messages
192
Reaction score
33
Location
Iowa
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

I thought that I would dip my toe into SPS. I bought this frag a few days ago and it was looking really well. However, tonight, I noticed this on the coral. What is wrong with it? I tried earlier today to move it down just a bit because I thought my GSP had attacked it (white spot on one branch). I also did my weekly addition of microbacter clean today and had the pump off for a bit, so I am not sure if it is just upset. My neon green birdsnest looks fine.

Ph 8.2
Alk 8.4
Mg 1400
Ca 450
Salinity 1.025
NO3 5 ppm
NO2 and Ammonia 0
Phos undetectable to .003

20210101_174708.jpg
 
Looks like some kind of bug.

BUMP for a bit of help!
 
Sometimes my stylophora catches food particles, even small pieces of mysis shrimp, and tries to eat them. That looks almost as though the polyps are closed around small pieces of food. If it looks better now, that might have been it. Did you take this picture after you fed maybe?
 
I'd pull it out and dip it.
 
Thanks for the suggestions. I dipped it when I received it and nothing came off of it. I only see it once in awhile now. Either after a feeding or if I bump it when cleaning. It is healthy and growing, so I am thinking that it was adjusting to the tank. It almost looked like mucus.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new