What is something you have wanted to try with your tank?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it comes to our tanks, there is always something we want to try. Maybe it is a different food to feed our fish with, a new piece of equipment or maybe new live stock in our tank we have never kept before. I am wondering what is something you have always wanted to try with your tank?

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to have a display refugium plumbed into my main system, but it's hard for me to pull the trigger due to space concerns and risk of leaks... if you've ever seen a video of Julian Sprung's system, that's the kind of thing I have in mind! See 4:28-

legalizedreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always wanted to try kalkwasser for the pH benefit.

Whats holding me back is what started out as a tank that was supposed to be simple quickly turned complicated.

In the past 5 months I've built in a recirculating CO2 scrubber with a motorized ball valve to open to non-scrubbed room air if pH gets too high,

I've started zeovit (aside from the zooxanthelae reducing ZeoSpur) which requires a reactor, stones, and I'm dosing XTRA, Coral Booster, Flatworm Stop, Coral Vitalizer, Iodide Complex, Acroglow

as well as non KZ products like Acropower and TM Bacto-Balance.

At this point it's too much. I've noticed measurable improvement in growth and color in the last few months but I don't know whether to credit that to Zeo, heavy feeding, water flow, or lighting as I've improved my coverage drastically as well. I committed the sin of doing too much in too little time and now I don't know which one of the above gave me the results.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back