What is that

Clementskimberly3

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2026
Messages
21
Reaction score
14
Location
Midway Park
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my diamond goby unearthed this... I have no idea what it is. I have not moved these rock in a long time. Anyone?

 
do you have any photos? for some odd reason the video doesn't show for me
 
Here ya go



17891585443215731114852174347319.jpg

17891585788881327542236819875513.jpg
 
Could it be some kind of thin shell? The texture is sort of hard to tell
 
So Bruce (the goby) covered it back up. I guess I will see what tomorrow brings. He does pretty well for a guy with one eye!!!
 
It could be something decaying beneath the sand. I've seen those sorts of "growths" on piles of uneaten feed before. It's typical to see a hole or two on the top in those situations.
 
Could it be a limpet shell or is this bigger? Unsure of scale
 
First question is if its even 3 dimensional or just some sort of film growing on the glass.

Also on an unrelated note, I have to wonder if "Nola" deserves some sympathy for having to deal with an issue regarding hours every day.
 
Weird, the center hole looks too perfect to me and almost looks man made. Ever loose a clear suction cup at any time? I’d dig it out to see what it is.
 
Looks like a keyhole limpet shell.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new