what is the best all-in-one nano tank?

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm looking for one aorund the 10g range. something to replace my current 10g nanotank that houses a mantis, as i'm really getting tired of the HOB fuge i converted from an aquaclear filter.

i'm just looking for something pretty basic, has a closed top, something i can mod into a fuge in the back and that is built well.

not really looking to mod it other than the fuge.

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally really like Finnex aquariums and they have a nine gallon at Premium Aquatics with closed top and section in the back where you can possibly put a small fuge if you are creative. Heres the link: http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...Product_Code=FI-MT9ER&Category_Code=Aquariums
:)
-Chris

not a big fan of that long shape, with little room in the back for anything other than the equipment.

Any chance you want to go a little bigger? If so I would get the aquapod 24 with the MH lighting.

not really any need to go bigger or get a MH since this tank will not be used for corals.

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought about getting another 10gal and then drilling some holes so you could add a sump? Or are you looking for something nicer looking?

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought about getting another 10gal and then drilling some holes so you could add a sump? Or are you looking for something nicer looking?

if i was going to do a coral tank, i would definitely go that route. but since i dont plan on keeping anything more than xenia/star polyps in the tank with the mantis, i'm trying to keep it as simple as possible.

thats the thing that really annoying me about my current 10g tank, is that i've "modded" it so much, feels like i have to keep an eye on it and adjust it allot to keep it working.

i want something i can sit and forget about. and don't have to mess with pumps to get them working or quiet them down etc.

rocko918

I wanna be a rock star
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a JBJ 12 g. Might be a little difficult to mod a fuge with a light on it but works well. If you get the normal one it has 1 24 w pc in it which is plenty of light for what you want to do. Keeps the temp down as well.

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a JBJ 12 g. Might be a little difficult to mod a fuge with a light on it but works well. If you get the normal one it has 1 24 w pc in it which is plenty of light for what you want to do. Keeps the temp down as well.

well, with having a mantis, its pretty essential to have a fuge and/or skimmer. IMO, fuges seem to work better on smaller tanks. and i've seen allot of people able to work some sort of fuge mod on biocubes....so that has me interested. basically they just strip the paint off the very back, and then tape a white LED light to the back glass then put cheato in the middle chamber.

looks like it works pretty well, but just want to see if anyone has any first hand experience.

rocko918

I wanna be a rock star
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you could easily mount a small led light to the hood of the jbj in the back chamber for the same effect. I had cheato in 1 of the 3 chambers and it grew, not super fast but it still got some light, enough to grow.

with a skimmer you would have to cut the hood up.

5DC

Aquaculture/Retailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can find one get a aqua medic 9g it has a fuge built in allready and a light. Also it has a workin little skimmer. If you can't find one msg me I can find ya one.

/d

b0bby1

Zoa/Paly Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how about a Finnex 20 gallon tank? the system is 20 gallons total, but the display itself is only 16. fuge is built in back and comes with a fuge light. i have the 30 gallon and love it.

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how about a Finnex 20 gallon tank? the system is 20 gallons total, but the display itself is only 16. fuge is built in back and comes with a fuge light. i have the 30 gallon and love it.

what does it look like? its a bit on the large side.....but would be perfect for a larger peacock mantis.

Zombo

Mantis Cult Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 26.0%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 37 35.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 18 17.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back