What is the biggest issue you face right now in keeping a saltwater aquarium?

stevieduk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
biggest issue at the moment is the heat wave we are having in the u k , I have been keeping marines for 48 years and have never had a problem with my tank being to hot, but over the last few weeks and temps of 30 to 33 degrees (101 F) even with fans blowing ice packs at the tank ,my water is 85 to 88 F, and all my corals are bleaching . i think buy the end of this week i will have a tankfull of dead motipora

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
getting parameters stable & algae/nutrient issues. I'm working ion 2 tanks, each with it's particular issues.

Bill_Moorman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to vent a bit here:

My biggest issue is with the gf. We live together. I work a salaried position 45-50 a week, and I officiate HS Football, Basketball and Softball. As such you can imagine, my free time is minimal. I upset her with how much time I devote of my already short list of free time to the tank. I just want it to be amazing, so between doing daily alk tests, feeding and cleaning glass, it upsets her.

“I wish you were as interested in my as you are that tank.”

It’s not that I’m not interested in her, I just have a newish tank and like to look at it.

That and I am battling a small case of GHA. *** that stuff.

/rant

paraletho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never thought I would say this but my stuff grows too fast. I make frags and can’t give enough away. Very few reefers in my area. One solution bigger tank.

Martinnn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cyano in one of the corners of my tank ... since I did a tank update from my 40 breeder to a 72 now front I'm constantly battling with cyano...just in that corner ...

Steve Russ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Travel... I travel anywhere from 1-3 weeks every month for work, but always home for the weekends.
My daughter has moved in with me recently and I’m slowing showing and explaining how everything works. Maybe I’ll make another enthusiast??
She does FaceTime me when something comes up.

Purplefishrock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving being a part of the hobby and affording equipment. I started slowly and safely and have honestly had no real issues (tank is 7 mos. old). The direction I want to take my tank which provides much needed stress therapy for me will cost money on a single mom’s private school tuition’s budget. Not feeling guilt for my coral or equipment purchases...spend the money, don’t spend the money...so I’m going to continue to be grateful for the slice of reef I have so far and see what happens!

dean.reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biggest issue over the uk is that we have no high end acros,wish we had something like wwc,battle corals over here

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 25 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 95 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back