Glass box dreaming: What do you consider to be the most desirable brand of aquarium on the market right now?

What do you consider to be the most desirable brand of aquarium on the market right now?

• AquaForest

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Cade

Votes: 43 11.7%
  • CDA Fish Tanks

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • Eshopps

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • JBJ Aquariums

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Innovative Marine

Votes: 48 13.1%
  • RedSea

Votes: 50 13.6%
  • Reef Savvy

Votes: 24 6.5%
  • WaterBox

Votes: 66 18.0%
  • Custom

Votes: 29 7.9%
  • Other

Votes: 53 14.4%
  • Planet Aquariums

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Glass Cages

Votes: 16 4.4%

• Total voters

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
following really….
I’ve only owned Aqueon (or whomever they used to be) Marineland and Red Sea….
Red Seas scratch very easily….
edit add: Metaframe also ha ha ha

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Added a couple more options to the poll.

olefisheyefool

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a fiji cube 32 AIO which I haven't seen anyone mention lol but I love the build quality. Price was good as well.

twiatr2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm always looking for a deal in this hobby, as long as its a quality item and hasn't been destroyed im okay picking up used, but I have purchased a glass cages tank in the past years and they definitely have stepped up their game on quality! Some of their tanks a great deal and the new owner Joe has been exceptional to work with!

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Desireable", it seems to me that CADE is top of the line, although I don't know much about Reef Savvy.

Moving on to other traits, IM makes great tanks at a good price point. And for Custom, I would look at Glass Cages and Tenecor.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have one of the reef ready aqueon 4ft 120, you can ask your LFS to order some for you, pretty sure they're avaliable on the wholesaler list quite frequently
i would but space is limited in my apartment. once i move into a bigger space i will definitely consider. thanks for the advice!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d probably say world wide it’s most likely Cade but in the UK, our main tank on the market is Red Sea.
The only tank I personally like from Red Sea is the S-series. I love my S-700 as it’s braced almost to the maximum it could be!
IMG_9968.jpeg

JFinlay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a hard question. I think if money wasn't an option a custom like glass cages would be the obvious route.

IM is the best of both worlds but I can't stand the dimensions of there tank (30 inches wide ruins it) however they seem like the only eurobraced mass produced tanks available.

Waterbox is where I'm going to land. Good reputation, quality tanks, best bang for the buck.

Dragen Fiend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM would win my vote but forcing the stands with tanks is a deal breaker for me. I wouldn't be surprised if their nanos sell better since they don't require the stand bundle. Past that its waterbox. Mainly because they offer better dimensions. Not everyone wants a dang cube.

Tencor would be my third pick but first pick if we are strictly speaking acrylic. Also they have good stands that you can buy separately!!

vanguard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd probably say waterbox or cade are the brands I think the most highly of. I have two innovative marine tanks and honestly, I can't think of anything about the tank that I'd improve. I can think of a few stand improvements. :)

If I get another tank it will probably be either a little innovative marine or something so big that it will be custom. I'm fine already with sizes that you can get off the shelf.

vanguard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM is the best of both worlds but I can't stand the dimensions of there tank (30 inches wide ruins it)
That's interesting, to me that is their strongest quality. In my mind, that's the "innovative" part of their tanks. Everybody else makes tanks that are roughly 2'x2'xlength. IM breaks that mold in a way I like but we're all different.

Shawn D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figi cube if they would bring back the peninsula tanks all the way. Had one of the 60 gallon cubes and it’s was a very nice tank. Plus they are local and love to support local when able

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back