OP
OP
JedClampett

JedClampett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess my favorite has to be my Cirrhilabrus solorensis. I got him fully turned and full size (FYI will not do that again). He was a wonderful fish. Always out and curious. Every time I put my hand in the tank, he would come swim around my hand and check out what I was doing.

Unfortunately, 3 years in, he was very old. (as I said, I always get juveniles now) He had streamers on his fins that were easily 4 inches. Gorgeous fish. Wish I could have had some descent photos. Anyway, he was on his last legs and I reached in to get him out and put him in the sump for comfort, he actually swam into my cupped hand and laid there. I cried. He died the next day. Amazing creature.
I'm sorry to hear that, recently my wrasse got caught by my anemone. I found him halfway eaten

human

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to keep Snakeheads back in the 90's, specifically Channa Orientallis, they stay small, but still have the attitude and appetite of their monster sized cousins. Not sure if I can find any photos of my older tanks, but if I do I'll scan them. The ban on snakeheads is part of the reason I made the move to SW.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 31 15.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 48 23.5%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 117 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back