What is the difference between a forest fire digi and a bubble gum digi?

CyberGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there is a difference between a forest fire digi and a bubble gum digi, which is better looking and which one is more valuable?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Bubble gum very colorful and IMO, deeper colors

Last edited:

bobby.w.hodges

Wet Thumb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubble gum digi
20200223_225503.jpg

bobby.w.hodges

Wet Thumb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is absolute ZERO difference. The perceived difference is due to light and photographic variation. Don’t believe me? Buy one of each And see for yourself.
I have one of each, they are different. Forest fire has solid green base and dull grey tips, bubble gum has blue base with electric green tips. I can see the difference with my eyes, no camera needed.

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was always confused by this as well. To my understanding the base of forest fire is solid green with polyps being red and tips being grey vs bubble gum has blue base with green tips and red polyps.
I have the same understanding - forest fire is the green one with red polyps, making it look like a forest on fire.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have one of each, they are different. Forest fire has solid green base and dull grey tips, bubble gum has blue base with electric green tips. I can see the difference with my eyes, no camera needed.
Agreed. This is it.

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had both side by side (so theoretically as close to identical conditions as possible) and they are certainly different. Forest fire will have the green base, orange polyps and white growth tips. Bubble gum Digi has a purple base that transitions to bright green at the tips with orange polyps throughout.

Both grow like weeds so value-wise I’d put them very close. Forest fire maybe the cheaper option because its been around a while? I personally wouldn’t pay more than $30 for a piece of either.

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is absolute ZERO difference. The perceived difference is due to light and photographic variation. Don’t believe me? Buy one of each And see for yourself.

I have both in my tank in similar lighting and they are absolutely NOT the same. The forest fire is orange polyp, the bubblegum is orange but has a slightly pinker hue. The surface of the bubblegum is clearly blue where the forest fire is green/white.

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both. Right next to each other. Bubble gum has a deeper reddish pink polyp, that also has a thicker PE as well, and a blue undertone. And the forest fire is a little more orange polyp thinner PE, and bright green for most of the branching body. But both of mine get the bright green growth tips. But as the bubble gum grows only the very tip is green the rest turns darker.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back