What is the one product, food or additive, that you can physically see make your corals happy as soon as it is added.

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every morning I make everyone s meal for the day. The corals meal for The day is a mixture of reef roids coral frenzy, selcon and a smaller dose of phytoplankton w zoo algae. That really brings out the happy in them.

Gup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the direct feed method of Roids to a couple of corals. Never just add to the overall water column, tho some of the Reef Roids do float away. One coral I do direct
feed Reef Frenzy. It grows quickly with that treat

Gup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every morning I make everyone s meal for the day. The corals meal for The day is a mixture of reef roids coral frenzy, selcon and a smaller dose of phytoplankton w zoo algae. That really brings out the happy in them.
I think I'm going to Jazz mine up to your blend, for my Sunburst.

topazann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Reef Roids, Aqua forest coral food, and Fauna marin ultra lps grow. Also I sometimes feed my Lps krill, very small pieces of silver sides or whatever I have on hand.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spot feed Benepets twice a week. 1/2 tsp to 1 Tbs water and direct feed each coral. The corals immediately close up over the food. I give them a few mins and turn all the pumps back on and dump whatever is left of the food into the water column.

I haven't had corals for all that long, but they do seem happy and healthy.

Edit:... I have a mix of stuff.. mostly beginner corals.. a few zoa frags, couple palys, maze brain, GSP, xenia, One that came labeled as a trumpet, but looks more like a hammer

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was just wondering if you had just one product or choice of food to add to your reef tank to see an instant pop, what would it be. For me it seems to be Reef Roids. When added to the tank on Roids day, my corals just seem more happy with more fullness and polyp extension. What’s your single go to food or additive for a happy reef tank?
Mine tend to really perk up after phyto and amino acids.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
polyp lab booster and ME Coral Amino

ClownWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef clean up crew; Zoanthid eating spiders, acropora eating flatworms and montipora eating nudibranchs. They really go nuts over a crown of thorns starfish. It cleans them up well, like a reef roomba

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef clean up crew; Zoanthid eating spiders, acropora eating flatworms and montipora eating nudibranchs. They really go nuts over a crown of thorns starfish. It cleans them up well, like a reef roomba
While it IS funny, I cringe a little because one person will probably take this seriously. Just watch for people asking where they can buy these pests. ;)

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started dosing polyp booster and AF amino acids and KABLAM! Algae.
I was dosing very conservatively and the corals reacted well but I'm not pleased with the side effects. Also my pH dropped. Maybe related, maybe not.

Buckster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough to answer your question with one source as I have mixed an overall assortment of many foods which includes spirulina, reef roids, selcon, benepets, shrimp, mysis, etc.
I don't add one source but the overall health of the tank appears to be great to my standards.

Appoloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering if you had just one product or choice of food to add to your reef tank to see an instant pop, what would it be. For me it seems to be Reef Roids. When added to the tank on Roids day, my corals just seem more happy with more fullness and polyp extension. What’s your single go to food or additive for a happy reef tank?
I would have to say mysis and brine shrimp really make the corals happy and extend

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been mixing live phyo with Reed Roids every 2-3 days. Some of the shrooms and zoas react, others don't. The Gorgonian has held it's own for about a year, so there is that. I broadcast feed flake and mysis, brine or baby brine to the fish also.
I still have not hit on the magic formula but everything is alive.

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son used reef roids as well, and the coral sure did. However he was overdoing it, and created a huge hair algae problem

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 48.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 60 30.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back