What is the WWC method or their keys to success?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does WWC have a guideline or keys to success outline one could follow for setting up, and maintaining a reef tank? Literally every tank I've ever seen from WWC has been amazing. I've gone through majority of the 900 Gallon build thread which has a ton of info. I know there are a million ways to run a reef tank, but if one was to try to imitate the way WWC sets up and runs a tank how would they do that?

Like if I was to set up say a 25G nano, a 75-90 gallon, or a 180-300 gallon what equipment (filtration mostly) and maintenance would I do to best match how WWC runs their tanks to be succesful? Does WWC have a go-to method for running most/all of their tanks?

What equipment: Skimmer, fuge, GAC in a bag, media reactors, bio-filtration like Seachem Matrix or MarinePure, etc? What do you find essential, and what do you find to be more hassle than its worth?

Maintenance: Weekly 10% water changes? No/limited water changes? What do you test and when? Any Supplements beyond basic 2 part or Calcium reactors (aminos, trace elements)? etc?

The reason I am asking is because WWC's tanks are continually some of my favorite systems and I would like to see if there is anything I can/should do to improve my tanks and reef keeping methods.

Thanks!

- David

Last edited:

Reefkidnano21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the pleasure to listen to Vic and Lous speech out in reefstock back in February, and Hatfielj hits it right on the market. They talked about stability a lot. Not messing with The tank 24/7 unless needed to and etc. as far as water changes I believe there about every week but ultimately depends how Corals look. As for equipment, skimmer,CaRX, and socks!

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does WWC have a guideline or keys to success outline one could follow for setting up, and maintaining a reef tank? Literally every tank I've ever seen from WWC has been amazing. I've gone through majority of the 900 Gallon build thread which has a ton of info. I know there are a million ways to run a reef tank, but if one was to try to imitate the way WWC sets up and runs a tank how would they do that?

Like if I was to set up say a 25G nano, a 75-90 gallon, or a 180-300 gallon what equipment (filtration mostly) and maintenance would I do to best match how WWC runs their tanks to be succesful? Does WWC have a go-to method for running most/all of their tanks?

What equipment: Skimmer, fuge, GAC in a bag, media reactors, bio-filtration like Seachem Matrix or MarinePure, etc? What do you find essential, and what do you find to be more hassle than its worth?

Maintenance: Weekly 10% water changes? No/limited water changes? What do you test and when? Any Supplements beyond basic 2 part or Calcium reactors (aminos, trace elements)? etc?

The reason I am asking is because WWC's tanks are continually some of my favorite systems and I would like to see if there is anything I can/should do to improve my tanks and reef keeping methods.

Thanks!

- David

Hey David,

This article talks a lot about our husbandry as well and our parameters.

https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/tank-parameters-of-some-masters.263/

That video posted above also touches on it as well.

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back