What is?? This a coral or macro algae?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheClown
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TheClown

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2024
Messages
107
Reaction score
66
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4037.jpeg
This was shipped from addictive reef keeping, their reefergium in a bag pack but I am not sure what was in it, whatever it was it has done great but I would like to know what it is

(The purple branchy ones)

This is a repost because the original got no answers IMG_4034.jpeg
 
looks like a gorgoniidae in the blue light but hard to get an real ID
 
Last edited:
It kind of looks like a Gorgonian to me as well. Kind of odd they'd send it to you with a bunch of macro algae though.

If you haven't already you might want to compare what you have to some of the pictures of macro algae they sell on their website. Maybe you'll find a match. GL.
 
IMG_4037.jpeg
This was shipped from addictive reef keeping, their reefergium in a bag pack but I am not sure what was in it, whatever it was it has done great but I would like to know what it is

(The purple branchy ones)

This is a repost because the original got no answers IMG_4034.jpeg
Just plain white light images:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4078.jpeg
    IMG_4078.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4077.jpeg
    IMG_4077.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 66
I would bet its a macro algae... You ordered it from addictive reef keeping in a refugium package ? A quick search on their website and it matches this algae Bryothamnion sp. "Red Razor"

is it actually this one ? I don't know.. You could always forward them an email with a picture and ask them directly :)



Looks more like a Digenea simplex (Click the link)
 
That looks more like a macro algae, I don’t see any polyps on it.
Yes I don’t either, even close up. It turned white when I cut off a peice and put it in higher light which also makes me think it’s an macro
 
I would bet its a macro algae... You ordered it from addictive reef keeping in a refugium package ? A quick search on their website and it matches this algae Bryothamnion sp. "Red Razor"

is it actually this one ? I don't know.. You could always forward them an email with a picture and ask them directly :)



Looks more like a Digenea simplex (Click the link)
That’s it- the second one (Digenea) exactly! Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new