What is this abomination that was in my rocks?

mcauthor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s huge. I saw it when I was rearranging my rocks. I don’t know if it’s a bristle worm or fireworm

IMG_6565.jpeg IMG_6564.jpeg IMG_6566.jpeg

OP
OP
M

mcauthor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No he goes in the garbage don’t put him back! KILL IT!
flame thrower fire GIF
I’m going to get rid of it lol. It lives in the rock that my coral lives on. Homeworm gotta go. It’s too big. This is the first time I’ve seen one in my tank…

Last edited:

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to get rid of it lol. It lives in the rock that my coral lives on. Homeworm gotta go. It’s too big. This is the first time I’ve seen one in my tank…
It's not the only one by a long shot. Maybe not even the biggest.

OP
OP
M

mcauthor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He might be able to live in the canister and help keep it clean. What is in the canister
Just a bit of media to help with the tank. As long as I don’t see any giant ones, they can stay. But if I see any big ones they gotta go lol. I hope they don’t eat coral, mine are just starting to grow. I haven’t really seen any detritus when my goby goes on a digging rampage, maybe the worms were busy eating them all…

Last edited:

DaJMasta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They aren't harmful unless you grab one with your hand, but especially if you feed heavily, they do multiply and they can slightly irritate other livestock (I've seen reactions, but never injury/encroaching/coral damage.)

I pull out large ones when convenient and there will always be more eventually, but if you think their unsightly, a predator of them is probably the best route.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back