What is this and is it dangerous?

World Wide Corals - Quality Aqua-cultured Coral
Best reef aquarium LED lighting

xxkenny90xx

View Badges
Reaction score
Lol looks like a bristle worm to me which is a good clean up crew member (but I'm not positive so let's hear from others as well)

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

xxkenny90xx

View Badges
Reaction score
I've also heard over and over that big ones can kill fish but have never heard of it actually happening so I'm not convinced (unless someone can prove me otherwise)?

OP
D

drewdb

View Badges
Reaction score
I've also heard over and over that big ones can kill fish but have never heard of it actually happening so I'm not convinced (unless someone can prove me otherwise)?
Watched a video about it, they say that unless they get really big, that’s when they become harmful

Reefer1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
It happens - but it's an accident in most encounters, so it's rare. But if you google you will see some pics of dead fish with bristles sticking out of their face.

xxkenny90xx

View Badges
Reaction score
You may be right, but isn't it their job to eat dead fish? Seeing one eating a dead fish doesn't mean it killed the fish, it means it's cleaning your tank

xxkenny90xx

View Badges
Reaction score
Ah, I may have read that wrong. Ya it sounds like an accident/self defense but I suppose it could happen

Where do you go in case of a real reef tank emergency?

• Me, myself and I

Votes: 282 43.4%
  • Local Friend

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • Reef2Reef

Votes: 252 38.8%
  • Other

Votes: 50 7.7%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors