What is this and is it safe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FlyinBryan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

FlyinBryan

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2013
Messages
544
Reaction score
262
Location
Chicago
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just pulled this 6" 'worm' out of my tank! Ive never seen it before and have no idea what it is and/or if its good or bad! Help?
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1401922441.031637.jpg
 
That is a bristle worm. I personally don't like them. Others will say it's a part of you CUC. Just be careful handling...they bite and the bristles can be dangerous too.
 
Looks more like a fire worm,,, don't touch it, the bristles will brake off and you can't pick them off!!! They just break when you try. Bristle worms aren't that bad :)
 
That is a bristle worm. I personally don't like them. Others will say it's a part of you CUC. Just be careful handling...they bite and the bristles can be dangerous too.
Agreed. Except I don't mind having them, the population is controlled by the detritus in the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new