What is this Bowerbanki called, please?

Sophie"s mom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2023
Messages
3,601
Reaction score
4,533
Location
Va.
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone! So a friend who is breaking down and getting rid of his tank gave me these 2 bowerbanki yesterday! Awesome, but while I know one is a rainbow, he does not remember the other. So does anyone here know what the other one is please? I like knowing them if possible.

IMG_8224.jpeg IMG_8223.jpeg
 
Honestly both look like Micromussa Lordhowensis (AKA) Acans. Bowerbanki are larger polyps with a different shape division between polyps. Usually only a few colors as well. Like these.
 

Attachments

  • 20260202_141605.jpg
    20260202_141605.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 41
Honestly both look like Micromussa Lordhowensis (AKA) Acans. Bowerbanki are larger polyps with a different shape division between polyps. Usually only a few colors as well. Like these.
Thank you for the reply. Do you have any idea what their names might be? The one with orange and blue was definitely sold to my friend as a rainbow bowerbanki though. I know where he gets his corals from, and they are very reputable, but I will not name them here.
 
Depends. Faster than a bower for sure but maybe 1 new polyp every 1-2 months? Faster if you feed them regularly.
Cool! Would you target feed , of just general broadcast feed? I usually feed my tank zooplankton and phytoplankton a couple times a week
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new