What is this bubble on my pipe organ?! Help!

Bearpaw

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2021
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
Jacksonvillle
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Today I noticed this “growth” that appears to be a bubble inside my pipe . I’m worried this will spread to my other corals.. although at this point none are affected only the pipe organ.

It seems to have happened over night and I have no idea what it could be. The coral is still extending all its polyps except for the ones on the bubble. I have taken a pic in blue and white lights (sorry about the photo it was the best I could get).



My parameters if needed are:

ca 425 ppm
Alk 8.6 dkh
Mg 1320
No3 0.62
Po4 .02
Temp 78.9
Sg 1.025
PH 8.1

Thanks for the help!

9E426A73-6FD1-4DD3-A3BC-8DD83995FE91.jpeg 0C67C8A9-858D-48C4-8B31-68329E835853.jpeg
 
Appears to be sponge or tunicate but they generally don’t just pop up out of nowhere
 
it appears to be some sort of sponge , it should be easy to remove manually.
 
Appears to be sponge or tunicate but they generally don’t just pop up out of nowhere
Yes, it popped up over night. I’m not sure what to do next. Dip or try to cut the abscess/bubble away.

Thanks for the help!
 
Yes, it popped up over night. I’m not sure what to do next. Dip or try to cut the abscess/bubble away.

Thanks for the help!
Insert a syringe and draw air out of it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new