WHAT IS THIS CREEPY THING? Assuming for!

sapphire22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here goes nothing. I have live rock only in my nano cube! No lights no heat just the pump as it’s my back up and I keep it cycled and who knows when I need rock!

So one of my favorite rocks I’ve left in there and I noticed yesterday several long pin like worms in a crevasse! So me being the must explore everything mentality that I have tried to suck the 4/6 long “worms” up! I’m doing so I missed! I blew some water pressure into the hole and it was like it exploded or when I did this!

I decided to explore further to see what could possibly weakened the rock to such a point of disarray! I decided to keep trying to remove whatever “small narrow long worms” I had seen in doing so this is what came oht of the rock instead! Along with so many tiny grain of rice looking “embryos?” I’m not sure what to call them! Genuinely curious as to what in heavens this is and also (whether it’s friend or foe!

(I assume pest)

IMG_1912.jpeg
IMG_1912.jpeg
IMG_1912.jpeg
IMG_1923.png IMG_1921.png IMG_1910.jpeg

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's actually harmless/beneficial:
Looks like either a hair worm (Cirratulidae) or a spaghetti worm (Terebellide) to me - if the tentacles all come out from a single point, it’s a spaghetti worm; if they come out from basically all over the body it’s a hair worm.

OP
OP
S

sapphire22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's actually harmless/beneficial:
I had a really long reply typed up. So basically this thing looked like spaghetti worms in shape 4-7 aboht 2 inches long! I went to remote them as there are entirely to many! Instead my rock crumbled to pieces

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back