What is this? Good or bad?

  • Thread starter Thread starter IamRit
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

IamRit

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 14, 2008
Messages
408
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the bad shot. He keeps moving around so it's hard to get a good shot at him. He's very pretty but I'm wondering if he's good for a reef tank. I'm not sure how long he's been in my tank. I just found him today in my frag tank while I was fragging some corals. He's about 6"-9" long and very pretty when fully stretch out. I don't have any problem in my tank at the moment and I like to keep it that way. So is this guy reef safe? What's the common name for this nudi? Thanks for the help.
IMGP2929.jpg


IMGP2930.jpg


IMGP2931.jpg


IMGP2932.jpg



IMGP2933.jpg
 
It's a nudibranch. Don't know if it's bad or good as there are like a million different kinds of them. Some good and some bad.
 
looks like a lettuce nudi to me. i have a couple of them and they are fine in my tank. i do ocassionally find them in my filter bag though. :) although they always live thru it and end up back in the tank.
 
I thought the lettuce nudibranch are small. This guy is about 6"-9" long. He's huge.
 
Thanks folks. I think the guy on RC ID it. It's sea lettuce and it's reef safe. Yeaaa
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new