What is this? Good or Bad

MounteeFrag

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 14, 2013
Messages
588
Reaction score
99
Location
Morgantown WV
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today I was moving some coral out of my DT and in to my Frag Tank. I dipped the coral and I noticed this worm. It is about the length of a pinky nail. Good or bad?
 

Attachments

Looks like a bristle worm to me. Opinions are usually split on whether or not to keep them. I've seen people say they can multiply quickly if there isn't any predators to them in the tank. I only ever seen one in my tank and I pulled it out.
 
If the bristle worms get to the point of bothering you, you could ad a wrasse. They can keep them in check very well in my experience and are a great colorful flash weaving in and out of rock work.
 
Just remember that they are not a huge problem other than ugly lol. IME a wrasse can decimate the little boogers rather quickly.

Chances are if you have a coris and still have them he's either not interested. Or he's doing all he can lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new