What is this green Algae

connectionzman

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2025
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
united states
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im about 5 months into the hobby and I have a JBJ65G tank that’s been set up for about 2 months now, at first I got brown algae all over my rocks and now I’m starting to get green algae, it’s not hairy at all what’s causing it, is it the precursor to coraline algae

Any help would be appreciated

My tank JBJ 65g
Bubble magnus 3
red sea nano mat
Upgrade dc return pump



Fish
2 chromis
2 clowns
1 Niger trigger
1 orange stripe bristle tooth tang
Whole lot of clean up crew

Current parameters
Salinity 35.8 ppt(1.027)
Alk 120
Phos .02
PH 7.9
Ca 432
Mg 1229
Ammonia 0
Nitrite .1
Nitrate 10
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new