What is this LPS?

ChrisfromBrick

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2024
Messages
3,553
Reaction score
4,898
Location
Brick, NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was a reefer for a few years about 15 years ago and the other day some guy gave me a tank and gave me all his livestock. It took me 2 fully days to set up.

Can yas tell me what this lps piece is in lower right?

IMG_6236.jpeg
 
The other 2 are hard to tell but the one closest to center looks like a wall hammer. But can't say without a clearer picture and the other far left possibly alveopora but chance of being zoa. Need closer look at both
 
The other 2 are hard to tell but the one closest to center looks like a wall hammer. But can't say without a clearer picture and the other far left possibly alveopora but chance of being zoa. Need closer look at both
thanks yea definitely a hammer. The far left is not a zoa but looks like one. I’ll get a better pic later with some more white in the spectrum. I also got a bunch (about 13 heads total) of acans.

I got these all for free. The tank and stand were the “deal.” Basically my dream tank and stand.
 
thanks yea definitely a hammer. The far left is not a zoa but looks like one. I’ll get a better pic later with some more white in the spectrum. I also got a bunch (about 13 heads total) of acans.

I got these all for free. The tank and stand were the “deal.” Basically my dream tank and stand.
Awesome. If not zoa then alveopora similar to gonipora. But seeing the more rounded polyps at ends I'm thinking that
 
Trachyphyllia. Wellsophyllia was synonymized with Trachyphyllia in ~2000.
 
thanks yea definitely a hammer. The far left is not a zoa but looks like one. I’ll get a better pic later with some more white in the spectrum. I also got a bunch (about 13 heads total) of acans.

I got these all for free. The tank and stand were the “deal.” Basically my dream tank and stand.
That’s a nice setup. Congratulations.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new