What is this on my Monti?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fudsey
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2016
Messages
10,090
Reaction score
44,543
Location
So. New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks like it might be bryopsis but I am no expert. Can anyone identify what it might be. Tank has been dosed 2x with Fluconozole and this always returns.

Monti4.jpg


Monti5.jpg
 
It's hard to tell from the picture, but if it's bryopsis you'll know for sure within the week
 
There should be fluconozole still in the system as I have not done a water change yet, just turned on skimmer.
 
@Sabellafella That's what I was thinking. I have scrubbed it off a couple times with a toothbrush, but it always comes back. I guess if it comes back again I will do just that.
 
@Sabellafella That's what I was thinking. I have scrubbed it off a couple times with a toothbrush, but it always comes back. I guess if it comes back again I will do just that.
It will usually heal right away. From what I've seen, acros and montis have a hard time growing over algae growth. Clipping it will fix that in notime
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new