What is this please help. Aptasia?

kyleshaw81503

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2022
Messages
66
Reaction score
22
Location
grand junction
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not really sure what I’m looking at just hope it’s not aptasia. Any ideas what this is and if it is aptasia how am I going to get rid of it without killing the Zoanthid?

0AB1647E-C245-4435-865A-F6CCF3489B0B.jpeg 6F8DE788-98E1-4AF1-85F3-7D12FCB3E6C5.jpeg
 
+1 Micro Brittle star IMO, I could be wrong but the number of arms looks correct at 5, the segmented nature of the arms as well as the coloration, even the behavior all leads me to think Micro brittle stars.

1664563950688.png
 
+1 Micro Brittle star IMO, I could be wrong but the number of arms looks correct at 5, the segmented nature of the arms as well as the coloration, even the behavior all leads me to think Micro brittle stars.

1664563950688.png
+1. Neat detritivores.
The number of arms can vary from individual to individual (due to injury, regeneration, etc.):
1664564192111.png
 
It doesn’t move been watching it for a couple weeks now hasn’t moved at all.
 
I don’t know if these photos will help much but zoomed in as close as I can.
 

Attachments

  • 0D45CFEB-31DF-4CF1-BA09-15E5E4296077.jpeg
    0D45CFEB-31DF-4CF1-BA09-15E5E4296077.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 83
It doesn’t move been watching it for a couple weeks now hasn’t moved at all.
They won’t move their bodies usually once they find a good place to grab food that passes by. Just the tentacles. By your second pic I can say with a 99% guarantee it’s a bristle star. Very good guys to have. Prettier than Bristleworms lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new