What is this Puppy

  • Thread starter Thread starter JulesH
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JulesH

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2018
Messages
207
Reaction score
169
Location
Torquay, UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can Identify this animal highlighted in red, they are a few millimetres in length. I thought it looked a bit like a Clove polyp, I have none in my tank!

IMG_4285.jpg
 
Last edited:
Its funny but ChatGPT does not agree with me, it says they are Digitate Hydroids. Digitate Hydroids seem to have thinner tentacles and more of them?
 
I wonder where they hitchhiked from, I have not put any wildlife in the tank for a long while!
 
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can Identify this animal highlighted in red, they are a few millimetres in length. I thought it looked a bit like a Clove polyp, I have none in my tank!

IMG_4285.jpg
Looks like a tiny piece of GSP (Green Star Polyps)
 
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can Identify this animal highlighted in red, they are a few millimetres in length. I thought it looked a bit like a Clove polyp, I have none in my tank!

IMG_4285.jpg

That's not a puppy. 😉
 
GSP would have longer tentacles.

1776887328398.png

I have a GSP frag with short tentacles BUT a key indicator here imo is that GSP polyps have a little whitish circle in the center, and they come right out of the mat without visible stalks.

The ones in OP’s pictures have bright green centers. Combined with the long and relatively thick stalks below them, they’re almost certainly clove polyps imo
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new