What is this sea cucumber?

Wayne Warnke

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2018
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at my LFS and saw this sea cucumber. I really want to know the specific species. After hours of scrolling through google images. The closest resemblance I found was Giant California Sea Cucumber; however I haven’t seen anything online about having one in an aquarium.


Thanks.

2006AC07-B160-44A7-909B-F8102E5EBAC6.jpeg
 
Yes it's a sea cucumber. Not a Giant California. Likely a Holothuria species. Body structure looks similar to H. impatiens but the banding pattern is off and the tubercles are a little too big
 
Also Giant Californias are coldwater and there is plenty of info on them if you know where to look :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new