What is this this red algae

DEE’S reef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2026
Messages
611
Reaction score
230
Location
warren, mi
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank was set up in mid December 2025 and has been running for 5 months and I’ve seen some red on my rocks and sand but when I lifted my back of my lid and saw my top rock was getting cover in some sort of red algae. Should I be worried and what should I do to treat it.
IMG_1075.jpeg
IMG_1076.jpeg
IMG_1079.jpeg
IMG_1080.jpeg
IMG_1081.jpeg
IMG_1082.jpeg
 
Hi, that’s Cyanobacteria
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new