what is this wing on my conch?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AKAGuyver
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AKAGuyver

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 19, 2019
Messages
53
Reaction score
21
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I wake up this morning and I see my conch has a wing on it? Never seen anything like that before. Looks like a piece of flake food but not. Had to run this morning so couldn't check it out. Any ideas?

IMG_20200121_103701906.jpg IMG_20200121_103642455.jpg IMG_20200121_103628581.jpg IMG_20200121_103627162.jpg
 
To me it looks like the outer thin layer of shell shedding like skin shedding. i had same thing on mine it just wasn't coming off as one huge piece like yours it was several smaller pieces. Now I have no clue if this is good or bad thing though but mine turned out just fine.
 
To me it looks like the outer thin layer of shell shedding like skin shedding. i had same thing on mine it just wasn't coming off as one huge piece like yours it was several smaller pieces. Now I have no clue if this is good or bad thing though but mine turned out just fine.
Well this sounds more realistic but I still like sea lettuce HAHAHAH
 
To me it looks like the outer thin layer of shell shedding like skin shedding. i had same thing on mine it just wasn't coming off as one huge piece like yours it was several smaller pieces. Now I have no clue if this is good or bad thing though but mine turned out just fine.
Okay good to know yours turned out okay thanks for the reply this really had me confused :-)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new