What is this?

mawilliams020

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
4
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, just noticed these little white hair like things with tentacles in my tank. Not sure what they are. Good, bad? Please any ideas?
1000009600.jpg
 
Those are definitely hydroids - I haven't figured out exactly which kind yet:
Yeah, I haven't narrowed down the exact variety yet, but they're hydroids, most likely from the suborder Capitata - they might be an Asyncoryne species, but I need to do some more reading up on the families in the suborder to say for sure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new