what is this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter B-Rye
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

B-Rye

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2025
Messages
23
Reaction score
6
Location
32210
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1739024949258.png

picked up a zoa frag with what ever this stuff is. They LFS guy said it might be a sponge, but its hard.
 
I see a possible aiptasia on the left but can't make out what you mean . The picture is not very clear . Can you circle what you are talking about.
 
1739024949258.png

picked up a zoa frag with what ever this stuff is. They LFS guy said it might be a sponge, but its hard.
I see colonial hydroids and an aptasia- both which multiply and be a nuisance. Hydroids multiply as long as they get food. You can remove rock or direct flow at them to prevent food from reaching them.
 
I will move them off the rock work for the time being till I can assess if they have the ability to take over.
 
If they do run the risk of taking over I will try and get that zoa off and then attempt to acclimate them to my brackish tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new