WHAT IS THIS?

jenfiandra

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2026
Messages
30
Reaction score
45
Location
Braselton, GA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SOOO…morning feeding this morning and I see this thing zooming around the entire tank. I was able to get a video before it burrowed down in the sand. I have a hard time thinking this can be anything good!
 
I’ve seen other posts/videos and members were saying it’s a bristle worm. Not my knowledge but seems to be the consensus with shape and movement like that.
 
Looks like a epitoke, which is a reproductive stage for polychaete worms (bristle worms/clam worms) that causes them to be able to free swim like that.
That. I had forgotten that word. Creepy stuff in my opinion.
 
Along the lines of what is this, anybody know what this is? Looked at it under the microscope and it looks like it has finger like protrusions and looks like it is breathing. It is reproducing too as there was like 2 of these in my sump last week now I see like maybe 10 or 12
 

Attachments

  • 20260614_113455.mp4
    7.6 MB
SOOO…morning feeding this morning and I see this thing zooming around the entire tank. I was able to get a video before it burrowed down in the sand. I have a hard time thinking this can be anything good!
bristle worm
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.6%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new