20191108_181003.jpg
20191108_183021.jpg

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say from the pic, but I'm leaning toward Velvet.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think it’s velvet. How long are the “things” hanging off the fish?

Do they have fork like tails? Can you upload some additional more up close pics?

OP
OP
P

pfcreed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stand by I'll see if my wife will busy out her macro lense

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you’ve got velvet and other issues, including ich and perhaps something else. I’d do a freshwater dip ASAP followed by copper treatment. He doesn’t have much time... methelyne blue in the bath would help soothe the gills

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you’ve got velvet and other issues, including ich and perhaps something else. I’d do a freshwater dip ASAP followed by copper treatment. He doesn’t have much time... methelyne blue in the bath would help soothe the gills
+1 Fresh water dip ASAP

OP
OP
P

pfcreed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to put some water bottles in the microwave then set them in my container to raise the temp of the water because I don't have a heater small enough for the fresh water dip.

OP
OP
P

pfcreed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well despite my best efforts he died following a 4 min freshwater dip.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry. Thats aweful. Was he in DT?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss :confused:

Thanks for posting the better close up pics. Looks like Brook. It can be a quick killer.

Mykawl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya man unfortunately there is more bad news, you’ll need to leave your tank fishless for 76 days to ensure the velvet, Brooke, or ich parasites die off, the rest of your fish in the tank are going to suffer the same fate shortly, maybe the LFS your getting the fish from isn’t top notch.
The only bulletproof method is a quarantine tank before adding to display

that requires a lot of study and will cost like $150
if you want to continue I’d suggest you list every detail about your tank you can think of and people here can suggest what to do next

or you can just leave them alone and see if the other survive : P I tried to get a couple clowns but they developed and died from Brooke in a couple days didn’t do anything about it my pistol shrimp must have ate them and the other fish in my tank are doing fine

Last edited:

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to put some water bottles in the microwave then set them in my container to raise the temp of the water because I don't have a heater small enough for the fresh water dip.
For future reference, you can use a hang on fish keeper filled with RO/DI and put it on the inside of the tank with an airline until the fresh water matches the tanks temp near identically. No heater needed.

OP
OP
P

pfcreed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have a more then a few empty tanks that I can set up for quarantine. So far I've heard that it was Brook, ich, and velvet. Can anyone say for certain what it was. In my tank now I have 2 clowns that show no sign of illness a scooter blenny a lawn mower blenny 2 anthias. And a hand full of corals and a assortment of a clean up crew. Tank is a 120 gallon with a 30 gallon sump. Last thing I added was a large toadstool and I'm pretty sure it come from that frag cause everything was fine. What I think initiated some stress for the tang was I ran out of pellet food in my automatic feeder and I switched to hand feeding flake food but it wasn't being done at the same time every single day. That's the only change I can think of. I also waited too long to try to help him too. The first bout of dots came around 2 weeks or so ago but went away quicky.

Back