What is this?

MikeDesjean

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Messages
345
Reaction score
309
Location
Pawtucket
What state or country do you live in
Rhode Island
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I have this favia and it was doing well so I moved it to its new spot off the rack. A few weeks later I noticed some GHA and took it off rock work to clean it and check it out.

I noticed that it was losing some tissue so I moved it back to the rack and just dipped in coral rx.
I noticed these white things on it though and don’t know if it is just past of the skeleton or not. Want to make sure it’s not a pest I don’t know about lol

this is the only coral receding. Figuring it just wasn’t the right spot. Added a pick of different favia that sits next to it on frag rack. Growing nicely.

8DC9BC9D-34AA-45B6-8336-0F838C1F4C7D.jpeg B63EAD70-1CB1-4B24-8F22-92469499240A.jpeg
 
Are they hard? Maybe vermetid snail?
Na they are softish. Tried to pull one off but I couldn’t get my tweezer to squeeze hard enough around it. Doesn’t really move either. Looked to be coming from the skeleton from under the small receded parts. Also seemed unaffected by dip.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new