What is wrong with my snails?

nathan212178

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2020
Messages
201
Reaction score
78
Location
donna
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this problem as of late, whenever I would put snails(asterina, Mexican turbo) they would move around for a bit at first but would then not move and just slowly become weaker to the point where the crabs get them. It is a macro display and the only ones that I’ve had success with are bumblebee snails, hermit crabs, and the recent sexy shrimp I added two days ago.
I added a small amount of panacure(dog medicine to get rid of hydroids) about a year ago, but would that still be in effect now? Should I just ditch the rock and sand and start over? Or is there another element at play?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 
I forgot but here are my levels I got from my lfs, he said nothing would harm snails( I fixed the salinity and did a small water change) the nitrate and phos levels are from my neonitrate and neophos additives for the macros
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 72

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new