OP
OP
sksouthpaw

sksouthpaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My must have fish is a fish I will probably never have but a hawaiian flame wrasse. I can't get over their colors they look so amazing.
Ive never seen one, sounds pretty darn cool! Ill have to do some more research when I get out of work! Im intrigued

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My must have is my halichoeres biocellatus (red lined wrasse). I've had one in every reef tank. They're beautiful, peaceful, and great pest hunters!
0608.jpg

OP
OP
sksouthpaw

sksouthpaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My must have is my halichoeres biocellatus (red lined wrasse). I've had one in every reef tank. They're beautiful, peaceful, and great pest hunters!
0608.jpg
Beautiful! What kind of pests do they like to help us out with?

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! What kind of pests do they like to help us out with?
Thanks! They’re great at taking out coral pests. He barely notices anyone else in the tank bc he’s too busy inspecting every square inch of rock and all my corals all day long :)

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0608.jpg

Thanks! They’re great at taking out coral pests. He barely notices anyone else in the tank bc he’s too busy inspecting every square inch of rock and all my corals all day long :)

Halichoeres biocellatus is going to be my centerpiece fish! Getting one as soon as my chromis are out of QT in a month or so!

PranK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was always under the opinion that clowns are a must have but I don't think that anymore. I'm not even remotely interested in clowns anymore. Sure, the crazy picaso's and snowflakes look cool but I've never been tempted. I have a horrible pair of maroon clowns in my frag tank that regularly draw blood when i put my hand in. Awful creatures.

I love my six line and melanarus wrasses and my copperband and, well, every other fish* in my tank. But if I had to pick a fish I dont already own it'd probably be a clown tang.

* besides the stupid clowns.

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I want to hear about (and see if you have pics) your favorite reef safe fish. One that you consider a “must have”.
Ill start off with mine. The blue star leapord wrasse. This was the fish that drove me back in to the hobby. When I had retired from the hobby after a couple moves within a fairly short period of time, this was my “dream fish” or “must have”. At that point I had only seen photos of one, and multiple LFS’s Id frequent never had one in stock.
Flash forward 8 years, and they are everywhere! I picked one up about a month and a half ago, and cant imagine a tank without one. Her name is godzilla (QUEEN of the monsters in my tank), and the electric blue iridescent on the abdomen reminds me of Godzilla charging up for an atomic breath.
Their personality is so unique, and given the burrying at night, creates a great addition to the tank.
Now lets hear and see some of your favorites!
Cinammon Clown. Beautiful. Great personality

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is what I love so much about mine. She's just busy all the time, hunting hunting hunting. And such an elegant swimmer. Definitely a must have for me.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back