What is your favorite additive?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Frozn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Basically it is a bacterial product that is extremely effective at turning organic wastes in the system to biomass.

It also clings to algae and turns the metabolic waste from them to biomass via the bacteria that are then skimmed out or otherwise filtered out.

This is by far the best single bottle product I have ever come across and I would recommend it to any system. High effective and in three weeks removed all traces of turf, hair, and cotton candy algae. Bubble algae has started dying off and also bryopsis though not completely gone yet.
Fair enough. The pictures I posted are a bit old and have some of said algae. However since these pics algae has been slowly disappearing as it was self inflicted for other reasons.

You did mention the cotton candy algae which I have a little in my frag and fuge tank but has been under control for the most part. If it becomes an issue I think I will certainly take a closer look at this product. One thing I notice of vibrant is it is directed at nutrient control and export for the control or resolution of algae. Due to my existing low nutrients (regular nitrate dosing) I think this could potentially cause some paling of sps.

Certainly appreciate the input, as it puts this product on my list in case I do run into problem algae (cotton candy haha).

I did do some researching of the product after your post and it seems others have had some great success and it seems to be a fairly reasonable priced product!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new