What is your favorite algae scrubber?

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High demand, low supply, and yes - the pandemic is totally screwing with the supply chain. I can 100% guarantee you he is still in business.

The correct term your LFS should have used was "not currently available" rather than "no longer available" - the latter indicates they aren't being manufactured anymore.
Awesome to see you Bud here ! Curious as to how large is the waiting time on Rev 5 L2s ? Sorry for derailing

Lastly I had to comment - Bud's customer service is second to none. He helped me answer all my questions for a Rev 1 which is like 7 years old i think :amaze !!!

Josh@ClearWaterScrubbers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a CW-50 and wanted larger and LFS indicated np longer available. Now it leads me to believe He no longer carried them ?
We are still here. The pandemic has created a huge host of issues for us. First demand went thru the roof which completely wiped out our stock we had on hand. Then when the airlines quit flying, our resupply shipments took 5x as long. We are currently waiting for a new shipment to land.

We have cut off some distributors and stores during this time as some have taken upon themselves to break MAP pricing. That may be the case with your LFS but I can assure you we are adding more distributors and aren’t going anywhere.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finding nemo starfish GIF

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of getting everything ready for my 155 gallon aquarium. I would like to know some options on algae scrubbers. It is glass aquarium.
Very good question
I use to run a old Santa Monica HOG scrubber and it worked awesome in my 120 mixed reef that i HAD up and running for over 15 years. Every month is was filled with green algae which was an amazing!! Anyways, when I was at Reef A Palooza I got to talk to the owner of Clearwater Scrubbers that #BRS sells and I wanted one for my SCA 150 build... I know a lot of people that run the Clearwater Scrubbers with success and I know a lot of people that run Buds Turbo Scrubbers that are even better in my opinion!!! I actually had Rick at Synergy Reef Systems make me custom brackets for my CL-44 sump fso that Buds Rev 4 L-2 scrubber will fit right on top the sumps with the brackets/

This is the one I will be ordering from Bud.

Attachments

• Santa Monica Algae Scrubber.png
    Santa Monica Algae Scrubber.png
    462.5 KB · Views: 31
  • scrubberbrackets.jpeg
    scrubberbrackets.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 42
  • cl44 w: maching ATO.jpeg
    cl44 w: maching ATO.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 33

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back