Olefreebe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your feeding schedule?
Do you feed once a day or more?
What times work best for you and why?
What are you feeding during these times?
I dont like it but I turn on lights every morning (6:00-6:30) and feed once. I stick to frozen mysis and phyto.
I just got the eshopps frozen food defroster and seeing if it works for my small setup.

20210629_072633.jpg

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you only feed once per day? Am I wrong or doesn't the cardinal need to be fed multiple times per day?

Holst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my fish once a day and my corals once a day.
The fish are being fed in the evening right after I have had my dinner. I mix between the food from day to day. Frozen food that I also mix. Flake food and pallets. Beside that I give the Tangs some SeaWeed a couple of times a week.
The corals is fed once a day also, I feed them RedSea AB+. I don't know when it's best to feed this, some says during light out, and some when the light is at it highest. So sometimes I does it when I go to bed and sometimes when I come home from work.

The fish is fed and healthy and the same are the corals :)

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my 80G cube with about 10 fish, I feed 3 times a day.

Twice with an autofeeder that feeds TDO chomoboost, NLS algae max, and NLS marine fish at 9 am and 3 pm.

Then at night around 6pm I feed a cube of PE mysis, a cube of PE calanus, and 80ml of live phytoplankton.

This works for me and my work schedule

Holst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you only feed once per day? Am I wrong or doesn't the cardinal need to be fed multiple times per day?
I have a couple of cardinals as well. And mine gets fed once a day. Twice during the weekend. But they seems to thrive ! They are fat, healthy and keeps laying egg and spawning them.
I think the fish is adapting to the environment and learn to thrive in this as well. As long as it's not being starved or overfed.

OP
OP
Olefreebe

Olefreebe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes only once. I have been on this schedule for about 9 months now. I have not noticed my fish in any distress, that I could tell. I do have a nice bristle worm population because I feed a little strong for only one fish.
Please let me know if you have different thoughts.

gonzo620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed 3 cubes Frozen DIY mixture (1/2"x1/2"x1/2") in the morning. A pinch of PE Pellets/Hikari Pellets lowest setting on ehiem auto feeder at Noon and 3PM. 4 Cubes Frozen in evening. Nori 1/2 sheet every 2-4 days in the evening. Live black worms when I have them equals out to about once a week. Eel gets a half silverside, clam chunck, or scallop piece every 2-3 days . 180 gallon mixed reef

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed 2-3 times a day. Lights on at 10am and usually feed at lunch. Then I'll either feed ~4pm when I get off work, and the once in the evening. Lately, been doing Noon and between 6-8pm for 2x a day. Feeding LRS.

Appoloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont like it but I turn on lights every morning (6:00-6:30) and feed once. I stick to frozen mysis and phyto.
I just got the eshopps frozen food defroster and seeing if it works for my small setup.

20210629_072633.jpg
I feed just once a day for right now since I only have two small fish and it is very little so there is not food waste. when my tank is full then I feed twice a day morning and evening

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed once in the evenings. Usually frozen clams, shrimp, and an herbivore blend. I have been throwing pellets at them lately getting them ready for when I go on vacation. Sometimes I skip a day also just to add some randomness into the mix.

99gtbaby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20210629_072633.jpg
I have a 125g with 4 fish and two corals, I feed two frozen mysis cubes in the morning, my corals both eat during this time as well and every other day I feed Dr Kents microvert. Once or twice a week I’ll add in a frozen cube of brine shrimp and a variety product that has clams, muscle, and shrimp in it as a treat for my fish.

Robert Riccio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I work from home or on the weekends, I feed a little every hour (8 total). When I'm not at home, they get fed four times a day. There are 40 fish in my reef tank and this appears to keep them healthy and happy.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Im not much of a breakfast person. I usually just drink a Diet Coke for breakfast. Bad, I know

Now come 1pm. I'm hungry so I usually eat something like a deli sandwich. It really depends

My dinners vary btwn me cooking a meal to grabbing something on the road. i always try to stick to meat, veggie and potatoe or rice for dinner.

Evenings 9pm I'm addicted to pistachios but try to limit it to 3ozs.

I usually have a good poop within the first hour of waking up. I take Magnesium tablets to soften things up.

That's my feeding schedule

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to be every time I walk by. The GF feeds them around 3pm, tank lights ramp at 12-2. I then feed frozen around 6:30pm, a sprinkle of something later on and every third day a Vitalis ring.

watdachuck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to feed very consistently about three times a day. The last few years I started feeding randomly, partly due to travel and work habits. I feel like this is better so they aren't all waiting for me at certain times of the day. Everyone seems happy but who knows!! Oh also, pellet mixture only these days. No more frozen cocktails.
PXL_20210704_151927245.MP.jpg

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed primarily frozen food. I defrost 1 of each cube in the SW multi pack and add in a cube of brine and mysis shrimp. I pour a bit of this mixture into each tank when I get home from work and again right before I leave for work.

For the corals, I feed Benepets 2x a week. generally just before lights out.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back