OP
Mastiffsrule

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The situation’s weird. One of the business partners is the mom of one of my friend’s students. The other is a friend of hers that my friend doesn’t know too well. I’m a Canadian citizen and my friend’s British, both of the women are mainland Chinese. My friend chose not to pursue legal recourse for reasons unknown (he can be a bit too forgiving at times), and even if we did the system’s stacked against us. China’s a Communist dictatorship after all with no independent judicial system. The odds will be stacked against us to begin with.

We started an online English school that was meant to cover everything from conversational English to the kind of English needed to prep Chinese kids for school in England. Quite a few of the students were introduced to us by the mom.

We were backstabbed. Initially there was a period where the two business partners started being really vague about certain things, we thought they were probably doing other stuff as this was a side venture for them. Then, one day, we found out we were no longer able to access the site we had built (with the help of a web designer).

No contracts or legal protection was set up because everything was so new, plus the online and transnational nature of our business meant that it would have been a huge hassle.

That is terrible, sorry to hear. I would like to believe there is balance in everything. They may have gotten something now, but the bill always comes due. Hopefully theirs will be hefty. (Corny I know, but I am a big ethics person)

Well last time I had replied to this thread a few years ago I managed an auto body shop. During COVID the owner of the shop decided it was a good time to retire, so I made the switch to the dark side and work as an insurance adjuster now. Super happy with my career move, much better work/home life balance.

Welcome aboard. Brings me back to my first post. I’m still doing the same thing as back then as well. What is the first initial of your company name?

OREGONIC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is terrible, sorry to hear. I would like to believe there is balance in everything. They may have gotten something now, but the bill always comes due. Hopefully theirs will be hefty. (Corny I know, but I am a big ethics person)

Welcome aboard. Brings me back to my first post. I’m still doing the same thing as back then as well. What is the first initial of your company name?

PRG is the internal abbreviation.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words. I believe those two people were just extremely greedy. Fortunately we didn’t really lose much in terms of money because everything was so new. If we had already gone bigger by then, with legal contracts and everything, could have been a whole lot worse.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went from the finger pointee to the finger pointer.

Attachments

• 16220907_0.png
    16220907_0.png
    60 KB · Views: 4

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a database administrator for a SaaS company that provides back-office and scheduling solutions to the restaurant vertical and some adjacent spaces. Thanks to coronavirus, also get to manage a global team of DBAs with peachy attitudes and have meetings at all times of the day about nothing useful.

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am always interested in people career choice. I am wondering how many here are actually in the field we love, fishes.

I am a claims adjuster. I have been a manager, supervisor, and adjuster for 20+ years. It is constant source of conflict and stress.

What do you folks do and how do you like it?

(Anyone have a job for me in NC?):)
I'm a Painter decorater new builds, wife manager of university, 1 daughter who's 5.. jobless lol another on the way

Back