what is your SPS reef tank average temperature?

[email protected]

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
topic was supposed to say " what is your sps reef tank average temperature .... Mine is around 76-5 to 77.0 ... is this good?
Fixed the title for ya! :)

vanpire

View Badges
Reaction score
Summer 79.0 to 80.5 and winter 77.5 to 79. Like to keep temp between 79-80 but heater is too small to keep up at night when lights are off.

Pedoconfuego

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I set up a tank at my friends house and he leaves the windows open during the summer with no fans on his tank and runs two 250w halides in a canopy! His tank I didn’t measure but it was HOT to the touch. Not warm, hot. If I had to guess it was maybe 90 degrees on average and maybe got cooler during the night. The acro frags I out in there survived and grew slowly, more so because of his husbandry was bad but I was shocked when I felt the temp when I was there last. The acros were colored really wierd, tan with fluorescent colors in there kinda swirled in spots. I put them in my tank when we took the tank down and they darkened up to normal colors quick and started growing right away.
A tank can be run MANY ways, as long as it’s consistent. I used to keep my temp at 75 in my last acro tank.

What is your most favorite type of reef tank?

• SPS dominated

Votes: 216 21.3%
  • LPS dominated

Votes: 73 7.2%
  • Soft Coral dominated

Votes: 39 3.8%
  • Zoa dominated

Votes: 20 2.0%
  • Mixed Reef

Votes: 629 62.0%
  • Fish focused

Votes: 19 1.9%