what is your SPS reef tank average temperature?

  • Thread starter Thread starter acropora4u
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have been keeping my tank at 79 for many years.
My "Resun" chiller has an outlet for the heater, i.e. he uses a chiller's controller .
Once in the winter, about 7 years ago, my pump went bad, supplying water to the chiller and he kept the heater on.
Coming from work, I immediately saw that something was wrong with the tank. I felt that the water was very warm, measured and there it was 97 degrees.
I do not know how long it lasted, but everything survived.
I immediately replaced the pump, the chiller turned on and after an hour the temperature returned to normal.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new